Clocking & Conversion
• Class-leading AD/DA conversion with up to 130dB of headroom.
• Recording, mixing and playback at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
• Proprietary 64-bit AFC™ (Acoustically Focused Clocking) technology & Jitter
• Management algorithm delivering increased sound width, separation, and detail.
Analog & Digital Connectivity
• 8 × Discrete 6-transistor preamps with 65dB of gain for pristine recordings. All work as microphone/line and two are also Hi-Z inputs, on combo XLR jacks, and supply 48V of phantom power.
• 8 × DC-coupled line outputs over D-Sub 25.
• Two reamp outputs on TRS ¼ jacks for further amp processing of guitar signal. They can also be used as an additional stereo monitor output – this allows you to have two pairs of monitor speakers playing together simultaneously.
• Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB 2.0 port with custom macOS & Windows drivers.
• Digitally expandable over ADAT I/O, with 16 channels available.
• Digitally expandable over S/PDIF I/O, with 2 channels available.
• Three word clock outputs letting you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio and a word clock input allowing you to sync the Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core with other gear.
• 1 × Dedicated stereo monitor output over ¼ TRS.
• Footswitch input that can be used as a single footswitch (on 1/4” TS jack) to control the dim function and a dual footswitch to control both the talkback and dim functions.
• Two stereo headphone outputs with separate gain control.
• Dedicated stereo monitor output over TRS.
• Direct monitoring with Synergy Core effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency.
• Expanded routing capabilities – switch audio sources per channel based on a drop-down menu sequence or make use of a virtual routing matrix.
• Customizable presets with signal routing, level adjustments, mixer, and effects settings.
• Customizable monitoring mixes with adjustable volume, pan, and reverb.
• Easily accessible front-panel talkback with built-in microphone.
• Front panel with independent headphone and monitor volume knobs and buttons for sample rate configuration, and hands-on control of core parameters. Hardware relay-based gain knobs for each preamp, plus mode control (mic/line/Hi-Z) via the bottom display function button.
• Option to work without being connected to a computer (standalone operation).
• Wireless control of software features from a separate computer connected to the same network.
Real-time effects processing
• Collection of 37 Synergy Core effects modeled after classic and rare analog outboard gear.
• Synergy Core proprietary onboard platform powered by 2 × DSP & 1 × FPGA chips for real-time effects processing with imperceptible latency.
• Modeling Engine allowing pairing with the Edge line of microphones for real-time use of vintage microphone emulations.
37 Included Synergy Core Effects
VEQ-55A (3-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
VEQ-4K BLACK (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
VEQ-4K BROWN (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
VEQ-4K ORANGE (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
VEQ-4K PINK (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
VEQ-HA32C (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
VEQ-STU 900 (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
NEU-W492 (4-Band EQ)
VMEQ-5 (3-Band Tube Mid-Range EQ )
BAE-1084 (3-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
VEQ-STU 089 (3-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
BAE-1023 (3-Band EQ / HPF)
VEQ-1A (2-Band Tube EQ)
VEQ-HLF (Tube 2-Band HPF / LPF)
VEQ-STU 169 (3-Band EQ / HPF)
NEU-PEV (3-Band EQ)
NEU-W495 (3-Band EQ)
Clear Q (Parametric EQ)
VCA160 (VCA Compressor / Limiter)
X903 (VCA Compressor / Limiter)
ALT-436C (Vari-Mu Tube Compressor Amplifier)
Tube 176 (Vari-Mu Tube Compressor / Limiter)
Stay-Levin (Vari-Mu Tube Compressor)
SMT-100A (Tube Leveling Amplifier / Limiter)
FET-A78 (FET Compress Stereo Peak Limiter)
FET-A76 (FET Compressor / Limiting Amplifier)
BAE 10DCF (Compressor / Limiter)
PowerFFC (Feed-Forward Compressor)
PowerGate (Noise Gate)
BA-31 (Germanium Mic Preamp)
Gyraf Gyratec IX (Dual Tube Mic Preamp with HPF)
Marble White AutoWah (Auto-Wah Pedal)
Vari-Speed Tremolo (Tremolo)
Master De-Esser (De-Esser)
A-Tuner (Guitar Tuner)