Connects seamlessly with any DAW on PC or MAC. Orion32+ | Gen 3 features low-latency recording & playback of up to 64 simultaneous 24/192 audio channels via Thunderbolt™ and up to 32 channels over USB. The sleek single rack space unit features 8x DB25 connectors for Analog I/O. Digital connections are 1x MADI, 2x ADAT, and 1x S/PDIF.
HI-RES AUDIO CHANNELS
HEAR THE PAST.
EXPECT THE FUTURE.
Real-time FX Included
Ready? Set? Get rocking! Orion32+ | Gen 3 includes six premier essential audio effects from the Antelope library, which run in real-time on an ultra-fast FPGA platform. Covering a wide variety of tracking and mixing uses, each effect boasts mastering grade precision and clarity – from the Clear Q linear EQ to the spacious and advanced AuraVerb. These six tools alone cover all your essential mixing and mastering needs.
Master De-esserUtility Effect
Now with afx2daw and eight premium effects included
Until September 30th, the Orion 32+ | Gen 3 comes with afx2daw and a bundle of real-time effects that can be used during recording, mixing and mastering.
· VEQ-4K BLACK (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
· Tubechild 670 (Vari-Mu Tube Compressor / Limiter)
· Gyratec X (Stereo Vari-Mu Tube Compressor)
· Stay-Levin (Vari-Mu Tube Compressor)
· FET-A76 (FET Compressor / Limiting Amplifier)
· LANG-PEQ2 (Parametric EQ)
· SMT-100A (Tube Leveling Amplifier/Limiter)
· Liverpool (Vari-Mu Tube Compressor)
· afx2daw (Bridge Plugin)
I first used Antelope Audio units whilst recording the Grammy award-winning album "The Resistance" by Muse. They were f*****g amazing then! And they still are!!!
Grammy-winning engineer (Muse, Foo Fighters, Placebo)View Full Story
The Orion 32+ | Gen 3 allows the music to come first and with such comprehensive i/o and internal routing anything seems possible.
2x Grammy Award winning Mixer-Producer-Engineer
(Adele, Suzanne Vega, Bjork, Annie Lennox, UNKLE, Grace Jones,
Joe Strummer, Amy Winehouse)
exemplary CLOCKING & CONVERSION
Antelope Audio is known over the world as the premier audio clocking experts. This legend lives on thanks to our next-generation 64- bit Acoustically Focused Clocking technology & jitter management algorithm. A pair of Word Clock outputs turn the Orion32+ | Gen 3 into a world-class Master Clock for your entire studio, while a 10MHz input allows for use with the best possible stability using Antelope’s legendary 10M & 10MX Atomic Clocks.
With it’s brand-new AD/DA converters achieving up to 129dB dynamic range (Monitor Outs), Orion32+ | Gen 3 continues our reputation for pristine conversion quality. Hear the true sound of your music with both digital clarity and analog warmth.
Orion32+ | Gen3 delivers true sub-millisecond round-trip latency for both AD and DA conversion. We proudly present the following stellar measurements, using our proprietary Windows Thunderbolt™ driver ver. 188.8.131.52 tested using the Oblique Audio RTL Utility.
Stable playback & recording were achieved at these measured settings, in PreSonus Studio One 4, on an Intel Core i7-8700K CPU. But, let the figures speak for themselves.
* Considering AD/DA conversion’s inherent latency and the technical state-of-the-art in the pro audio industry, it is currently impossible to achieve sub-millisecond latency under each and every recording & playback scenario. Fortunately, the latency achieved in the measurements provided is low enough to be practically imperceptible.
** To achieve stable playback on macOS we used bigger buffers (e.g. 96 samples at 192kHz), resulting in slightly higher latency – around 0.5ms more than on Windows at 192kHz.
- 192kHz, 64 samples, 0.904ms
- 96kHz, 32 samples, 0.973ms
- 48kHz, 16 samples, 1.168ms
- 192kHz, 64 samples, 1.155ms
- 96kHz, 32 samples, 1.476ms
- 48kHz, 16 samples, 2.165ms
Taking advantage of high-speed Thunderbolt™, the afx2daw plug-in lets you use your real-time effects inside most popular DAWs, providing native workflow while keeping all the processing inside the interface.
afx2daw is available as a separate purchase from our software store, for macOS and Windows.